Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Muddy Trails

WEEK 33
Pamilya at mga Kaibigan,

     Another great week has come and gone here on Mindoro.  The honest truth is that work in our area is very hard.  We walk all day in the sun on muddy trails, and sometimes it feels like our numbers don't reflect how much work we have put in.  But I realized something just this week as we were walking, of course.  I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world than in Socorro, Mindoro.  As I was thinking about it, I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my mission walking in the sun up to my ankles in mud.  It was a really weird feeling, but it helped me to realize that I should be thanking Heavenly Father for every single second and I should be cherishing every single minute of His work.  I know that sounds really cheesy, but it's just something that I wanted to share.  

     I just learned that the Brother that I baptized in my first area now has two callings in the ward, and is doing great.  It made me really happy to know how many people that he is now helping and how every little bit of work that members do to share the Gospel has such a large effect.  

     Our work in the Socorro Group is going great.  We have progressing investigators and "should" be having some baptisms coming up soon.  Other than that, we have been working really hard on strengthening the priesthood in our area and trying to help them realize what it really means to have the priesthood.  As my family and friends know, I love Star Wars, and the youth in our area love it when I compare the priesthood to "the force" in Star Wars.  Except it really is much more powerful and I've come to realize how blessed we are to have true priesthood authority.

     That's all I really have to say for this week.  Thanks for all of your support and Christmas cards!  I'm still receiving them (believe it or not).


- Elder English

No comments:

Post a Comment