Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Sabbath Day

WEEK 32
Dear Family and Friends,

     Another great week of work has come and gone on Mindoro.  The Socorro group is progressing well and our attendance at church is slowly increasing each week.  We're close to the 40 mark!  When I got here the attendance was around 15.  Sometimes the work here is really discouraging, but it's fun to see our hard work pay off in Sacrament meeting.  The most important hour of the week!  We have really been stressing the importance of the Sabbath Day to members and investigators in our work.  

     We have one RM in our group, and he's awesome.  Let's just say that he says what needs to be said and doesn't worry about what others think.  He was talking about being early to church when one sister raised her hand and said, " I wake up at 5:00 in the morning and sometimes I still can't make it to church on time."  He asked her, "Do you want the full blessings of the Sabbath day?"  She nodded.  Then he hit the table and said, "Then you need to wake up at 4:00!"  It was a little extreme and harsh, but everyone got the message and my companion and I were just trying not to laugh.  (All of this took place in Tagalog of course, but it takes a really long time to type.)  We have quite a few investigators who are reading every day and have baptismal goal dates, but they just can't make it to Sacrament. We are trying to teach them that they might have to make sacrifices, but God knows this and will bless them even more.  On the mission, I've realized how important it is to keep the Sabbath Day holy.  We are blessed throughout the whole week by observing the Sabbath Day. 

     Things are going great in the area, and my new companion and I are getting along great.  He's even taught me a few words in Ilocano (another Filipino dialect).  Thanks for all of your support!  I'm kind of losing track of the days and weeks, but I guess that's a good thing.  Getting lost in the work!

- Elder English


This was our district before transfers.  It was made snapshot of the week for the whole mission.  No big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment