Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Training.....not really

WEEK 36
Dear Family and Friends,

     The craziness has been continuing on Mindoro.  We have been having a lot of problems in our zone with disobedient missionaries, so a lot of interviews have been happening.  Sometimes I am just a little dumbfounded at some of the things that go on when Elders and Sisters feel that they are too far away from the mission home to get in trouble.  But everything has been sorted after quite a few interviews and phone calls.

     Speaking of phone calls, I was informed last Thursday that I would be training one of the incoming missionaries this next transfer, and that we would be opening up a new area in Tanauan, Lipa Zone.  I attended the train the trainers meeting and I was really excited for the new experience.  It also took away some of the sting of leaving Mindoro.  Let's just say that I'm used to the island life now.  I received a phone call from President Mangum on Sunday.  He told me that one of the incoming missionaries was delayed at the MTC and that I was no longer training.  He told me that I will be training next, next transfer, and that I will be in a trio in Tanauan for this transfer.  It's been a little hard to focus on the work, but things are going well on Mindoro.  My companion and I both have a laid back personality, and the work and the days just seem to fly by.  I'm sad that I only get to spend two weeks with him, but I've learned a lot from him, and even picked up on a lot of the Australian slang.

     We also had zone conference this last week and President really emphasized the relationship between Baptism and the Sacrament.  It helped me to realize that if our investigators don't understand this relationship, the rest of the missionary lessons are useless, and how the Sacrament should be the most important part of our week.

     I'm sure that I will have a lot to tell you about my new are and companions next week.  I don't really like teaching in a threesome, but I know that we will be able to work it out.  Thanks again for all of your support!  It really helps a lot.
          
                                                               
- Elder English

No comments:

Post a Comment