Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Kind of Slow

WEEK 34
Pamilya at mga Kaibigan,


     I know that this might be a little weird, but I don't have much to report this week.  Things have kind of settled down in our area.  The people here are very busy so the work gets a little difficult during the week.  Here on Mindoro, most people sleep once it gets dark which is around 6:30.  They usually get done with work, come home, wash clothes, and then go to bed.  Everyone has settled into their normal schedules, so we are scrambling sometimes to find someone to teach in the middle of the day.  We are slowly figuring out ways to use our time better.  My companion and I are getting better at working together and we actually both have a really similar sense of humor.  We find the weirdest things to laugh about and it reminds me of being back with the Priest Quorum. 

     Our investigator, Anna Fe, the one that I've mentioned in a few past emails is now done with the Book of Mormon.  She just needs to be active for four months in order to be baptized since she is not yet 18.  She is only 14 and asks the deepest questions that I've ever received from an investigator.  My companion and I jokingly refer to her as the "inBestigator."  I'm hoping that I will not be transferred so that I have the opportunity to baptize her.  I'm getting used to the island life and I'm not sure what I would do if I got sent back to the crazy city life on Luzon.  But that's still a few weeks away, so I'm trying not to think about it.  Still working hard and having fun!  Missionary life is great!
                                                 

- Elder English  

Joseph's birthday party

A service project harvesting mustasa (mustard greens).  It was really hot!!



No comments:

Post a Comment