Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Crazy Week

WEEK 35
Pamilya at mga Kaibigan,

     I had another crazy week.  On Tuesday morning, I got a phone call from President Mangum that said that we had a missionary who needed to be taken out of his area.  He informed me that he thought I would work well in the area, and that I needed to pack my bags and be in my new area by the next day.  So now I have a new area (Naujan, Mindoro) that's about 45 minutes away from my last area and President has told me that I will be getting transferred off of Mindoro in two weeks on the real transfer day.  So I have a new companion and a new area for 2 weeks.  I was really disappointed, because I only got to be with Elder Avelino for four weeks.  But, Naujan is a really cool place and the apartment is huge.  

     My new companion's name is Elder Akroyd.  He is 21 years old and from Australia.  He's a really nice guy and he's my first foreigner companion.  It's actually really relaxing to speak English with him.  I've noticed that my head doesn't hurt as much at the end of the day.

     My new area has a small branch, and awesome leaders.  There is a really good base of return missionaries and Priesthood, so the future looks really promising.  It's a little hard to focus when I know that I will be leaving in 2 weeks, but we worked really hard and found some new investigators and talked to a lot of people.  The work is a little different when it's two foreigners together, and we get a lot of looks, but we are both pretty good in the language.  That's all I really have to say for now, because I'm just trying to get to know the area asap, and the members as well.  We have our Zone Conference this week, and I'm really excited for that, but I'm not as excited for the 4 days of travel.  Thanks again for all of your support!
                                                 
- Elder English


My new companion, Elder Akroyd.  
This is the first couch that I have sat on my whole mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment