Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

God is a God of Order

WEEK 29


Dear Family and Friends,

     This week I found out how nice it is when you have an organized area book.  I decided to go through and clean out our area book a little.  I saw a teaching record that had been folded and put in the back pocket of the binder.  I pulled it out and found an investigator who had been taught every single lesson and had committed to baptism.  We had no idea who she was.  We went out and found her house, which was right next to a few members.  She told us that she had wanted to be baptized, but she wasn't married.  The missionaries were transferred and never came back.  She has been with her spouse for five years now which means that all she needs is a CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage) and she can be baptized.  This amazing find really added a little boost to our work as we were getting a little sluggish after a long week of walking in the heat and mud.  She has an amazing testimony and said she wants to get baptized as soon as possible.  We couldn't even speak we were so excited.  For all you future missionaries, keep your area books updated!  I know that my family will be shocked to hear this, but I really have seen the difference of being organized.  God is a god of order.  

     Other than that, we had a great fast and testimony meeting.  The way it works in Socorro is you start on the first row and everyone gets to bear their testimony.  Our investigators are progressing well and reading.  The real trick is getting them to church.  But we know that as long as they gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon, nothing will stop them from getting to church.

     On another note, Christmas finally got to Mindoro!  I received all of your Christmas cards and also a big, big package from my family.  Let's just say that my 72-hour kit has improved substantially.   Thanks for everything! I really appreciate it.  (He mentioned that a couple of his favorite things were the cans of Hawaiian Sun drinks and the legos.)
                                                                    
- Elder English


P-day on Bulaklak Beach (Pinamalayan, Mindoro)



No comments:

Post a Comment