Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Transfers :(

WEEK 54
Dear Family and Friends,

     I mentioned last week in my letter that I am really happy in Tanauan and would love to spend a long time here.  I guess Heavenly Father thought otherwise.  I am being transferred to Bauan, Batangas.  It is only about an hour away from my current area.  I was very disappointed when I first found out that I was being transferred, but I'm slowly getting more and more excited about it.  My companion will be Elder Leon.  I haven't met him yet, but I do know that he is 6'8" and that he's from Australia.  He has been in the mission for about three months and I'm really excited to work with him and get to know new people. 

     Our work this last week went really well as we focused really hard on making sure that the recent converts have a smooth transition into the ward.  It surprised me of how protective I feel about them, and how it's been a little hard not to visit them as much as we did before, and to also let the ward missionaries and the visiting or home teachers take over.  

       The focus of our mission right now is finding the faith to find and follow revelation.  Our mission president explained it really well when he said that there are only two types of people.  Those who accept revelation or those who reject it.  It has really made me think of how every decision that we make shows if we accept or reject the revelation that we have received personally or from our prophets and leaders.  Right now, I'm striving to be one of those people who accepts and follows all types of revelation.

     Everything else is going well, except for the fact that I have to wash all my clothes and pack.  I hate packing, and traveling in the Philippines.  It can be a very stressful experience, but I'm also excited to get to know all the members in Bauan, and to have the same kind of experience that I've had in Tanauan.


- Elder English


Our last Sunday with the Mabini family.

No comments:

Post a Comment