Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Baptisms!

WEEK 52 
Dear Family and Friends,

     So to start things off, we had a great week and two of our investigators got baptized! Even if you are having a horrible week, a baptism just makes all of the disappointments fade into the background.  Sister Charito was baptized and so was Sister Raine.  Sister Charito has been waiting for a really long time to be baptized and you could see the relief in her face after she was baptized.  It was a really special experience because President Mangum was the one who interviewed her.  This meant that I had the opportunity to sit in on the interview as the translator.   It was an amazing experience to see her progression and to have the privilege of relaying her answers back to the mission president.  I was also the translator for Sister Sunny who will be getting baptized with her family next Saturday.  It was definitely an experience that I will never forget.

     The baptisms went great and they were both confirmed on Sunday.  When we found Raine's family, they weren't active in the church.  We started with her family and then found out when they were coming to church again that Raine actually wasn't a member.  So her baptism has been a goal of mine for the whole three transfers that I've been in Tanauan.  She's a really smart little girl and it was a really fun experience to see her be baptized.  It  was also really fun to see Elder Hodges perform his first baptism in the mission.  It was funny to see how nervous he was and to think of how nervous I was for my first baptism. When he performed the ordinance, we all closed our eyes as he said the prayer.  Everything went really well and we were waiting for the "amen".  Instead, we just heard Raine getting dunked in the water.  He was pretty embarrassed when he realized that he forgot to say amen, but it all still went smoothly, after I ran around to the bathroom and told them that we needed to do the baptism again.

     All of our work is going really well and we are continuing to find new people to teach.  My companion and I are getting along great even though we have exactly opposite personalities and from our conversations, we decided that we probably wouldn't have been the best of friends in high school. It's a mutual feeling that we both agree on, but we're not in high school anymore, and everything is going great!  I really have no complaints at all since it has been raining for the past 2 weeks straight.  I still haven't gotten sick of the rain besides the fact that it is a little harder to find people to talk to.  My only wish now is to not be transferred.  I've loved serving in Tanauan City and really want to stay here for as long as possible.  

     Thanks for all of your support and advice.  I heard that Moonshine has finished his mission.  I was completely caught off guard by the news, but I just wanted to tell him, Congratulations!  
                                                              

- Elder English 



Baptisms of Sis. Charito and Raine with Elder Hodges.


Welcome Home, Bryce (Moonshine)!
(Bradyn's friend from home since childhood)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment