Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Pet Monkey

WEEK 50
Dear Family and Friends,

     Another great week has come and gone in Tanauan.  We have really been focusing on increasing our teaching pool, and we found a lot of new people to visit this week.  One of the funny stories this week.  We were tracting and all of a sudden I saw this monkey tied up outside of one of the houses.  I told my companion that we had to baptize that house because they had a really cool pet monkey.  We walked up to the house and it turns out that the mother in the house was very interested in our message.  She said that she has been a member of a certain religion her whole life and feels like she's doing something right by going to church and reading the bible, but still feels a little lost.  It was really fun to explain to her how we have the fullness of the Gospel on the earth today.  Pictures with the monkey will definitely follow.

     My companion and I are getting along great.  I'm just getting him to push outside of his comfort zone a little bit more.  More members are starting to work with us and now the elders quorum and high priests are going in groups and visiting members every Sunday morning since sacrament meeting starts at 1:00 for us.  The area is progressing and our work is getting a lot more productive and fun.   

     I am now coming up to a year in the mission and the days are flashing by.  It's really fun and startling at the same time.  I'm just trying to make the most of the time that I have now.  Thank you for all of your support and encouragement!  
                                                                         
- Elder English 


No comments:

Post a Comment