Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Battle For Greatness

WEEK 42


Dear Family and Friends,

     Another great week has come and gone in Tanauan.  Unfortunately, we were forced to extend the baptism of the family that I have talked about before.  They had an accident in their family and they haven't been available for us to teach.  Other than that, we've been focusing on visiting members and finding new investigators.  We haven't really seen results from it yet, but I know that we will if we just keep at it.
  
      I've mostly been getting prepared for the new missionary that will be coming on Thursday.  I'm really excited to train and help them see what missionary life is like.  Training is by far the most fun thing I've done on the mission and I wouldn't mind doing it for the rest of my mission.  

     My companion and I have been through a lot of weird situations during the past week.  The Philippines is also in a deep depression right now after the loss of Pacquiao in the "battle for greatness".  Filipinos are very happy people, but I probably saw more sad people on Sunday than I have in the rest of mission combined.  We have also got chased by quite a few dogs in this new area that we tracted.  But we have figured out a secret for dogs in the Philippines.  You just bend over and act like you're picking up a rock.  Even if there's not one, every dog in sight scatters.  I'm still surprised by the new stuff that I learn every day in the mission.  Even if it is how to scare away dogs.

     My companion and I have been working really hard on extending the invitation to be baptized in the first lesson.  I've noticed that this has really helped me listen to the Spirit.  Whenever I'm not sure, I just sit and think for a few seconds.  I act on the impression that I get, even though my mind is telling me that it's completely wrong.  I've noticed a huge difference when I take a few seconds to just stop and listen.

     Everything else is going great and my companion and I are really excited about what's happening in our area.


- Elder English  

We haven't received any photos from Bradyn with the past few e-mails, so I decided to add one of our own that has reference to the Pacquiao boxing match that he mentioned.  Kinley is sporting one of Uncle Bradyn's Pacquiao t-shirts for the occasion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment