Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

Working Hard

WEEK 20
Dear Family and Friends,


     It's been another great week of hard work in Socorro.  We have two investigators (brother and sister) who are really close to baptism.  They're both doing really well with their reading and we're so excited for them.  They are both very tall and we don't know if the miniature baptismal font in Pinamalayan will be big enough for them.  So I might be having my first baptism here sa dagat. (in the ocean)  That's an experience that I'm definitely excited for.  

     Other than that, things are going well.  My companion and I are getting to know each other better and I'm slowly getting to know the members.  There is a lot of work to be done here.  We have a separate area book for less-actives and let's just say it's a lot bigger than our area book for investigators.  We are focusing on one barangay (a subdivision of a city; village) at a time and then moving on to the next one when we feel that we have a good support system there.  Our group leader's name is Brother Ramon.  He is 21 years old and a recent convert.  He's awesome.  I've really come to respect how strong the members here are.

     So things are going great and it feels like it's just me and my companion against the world. (but we know that we can do it)  We are very isolated and it's good that we are both willing to work hard.  You could get away with a lot out here if you didn't want to be obedient.  (He mentioned that the Cranstons from California, a senior couple, visit them every other week.) The only place where we can buy food that we don't have to cook is an Angel's Burger.  You can get two cheese burgers for 36 pesos. (90 cents)  It's a good thing that my companion is a good cook or I would be really unhealthy.  That's all I have for now.  Thanks for all of your letters and support!
                                                            
- Elder English




With my companion, Elder Santos.



What all of the fields look like right now.


 The miniature baptismal font in Pinamalayan.

No comments:

Post a Comment