Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

General Conference

WEEK 13
Family and Friends,

     I finally got to watch Conference after hearing everyone talk about it all week.  I really don't know if I can pick a favorite speaker, but I always love listening to President Eyring speak.  He is so genuine and you can tell that he really cares about what he is saying.  This is a skill that I have been trying to develop in teaching.  I also loved President Uchtdorf's talk on the perspective that the Gospel of Jesus Christ offers.  It is amazing to see the realization in people's eyes when we teach the Plan of Salvation.  When they realize what they can become and what their purpose is on earth, their whole life changes.  I also really liked how speakers gave their talks in their native languages.  After we got back to the apartment, my companion said the prayer for our lunch in his native language of Pangasinan (one of the many dialects of the Philippines).  I was really confused because I wasn't understanding anything and I started to get really scared.  He said he did it because of general conference.  He thought it was pretty funny.

     The work is going great and Brother Harry is getting baptized next week.  I'm so excited for my first baptism.  I'm excited for him of course.  He is so prepared and now he is starting to share the Restoration with his family and his neighbors.  He even referred his boss to us and offered to come teach her with us.  I thought that was amazingly brave of him.  He said now he just wants to share the Gospel with everyone.

     I had the opportunity to eat KFC at the SM this last week.  It was weird to be eating a drumstick of Kentucky Fried Chicken with rice and gravy.  It was nice to eat some mashed potatoes again though.  Everything is going great and I feel like General Conference gave me a little boost to go out and work really hard this week.  Thanks for all of your support. 

Ingat kayo!
Elder English


No comments:

Post a Comment